Sunday, April 24, 2016

And the fun(draising) begins!

A little back story.
"Duckie" was a self given nickname that took on a life of its own. People have gone years knowing me by no other name.
"Team Duckie" came from the creative minds of family. Then the idea of shirts was born. I'm super fortunate to have a lot of creative minds in the family. My adorable sister in law (seriously guys, she's amazing) is an artist. She designed the logo (clearly, the cutest logo ever) and now we're selling shirts!
I'm working with another friend to get some other things off the ground in the fund raising appointments.
Here's some of the health stuff. I was officially listed about two weeks ago. I happened to be in the hospital at the time. A common side effect of all of this is swelling. In about a 11 day period, I'd put on about 35lbs. I was going to see my hepatologist, Dr.J (whom I love to pieces), and she immediately admitted me. My blood pressure had tanked from the diuretics they had given me in the ER about a week prior. My kidneys went into overdrive...just caused a bunch of issues. The swelling is still happening, and they're giving me super low doses of Lasix to try to get the weight off without doing damage elsewhere (namely, the kidneys). It's likely that in the future, I'll need to actually get drained of fluid once it his my abdomen area pretty hard. Sadly, I think I'm almost looking forward to that.
I appreciate all the love and blessings I have in my life, and the people who make life so much more bearable. I love you all so much. Thank you for continuing on this crazy journey with me. In the words of the late Prince...
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life..."

2 comments: